There are many popular slimming pill brands that start with Phen. For eg, Phen375, PhenQ, Phenocal, Phen24, Phentamine, Phentalomine, Phen37.5 …the list goes on.
Phentaslim Review Summery
Too many ingredients has spoiled its effectiveness. Further, correct ingredients list and nutritional fact is not properly disclosed. Unfortunately, some users have reported weight gain as side effect
What are the similarities among all these diet pills?
- All these brands of slimming pills are named after the famous weight loss drug Phentermine.
- Phentermine is a psycho stimulant that suppresses appetite by affecting our central nervous system.
- Phentermine drug comes under Schedule IV controlled substance as it is addictive and can cause heart diseases.
- Diet pill sellers encash the popularity of phentermine by starting the brand name by Phen.
Phentaslim is one among them that is receiving attention these days. But it doesn’t have any phentermine in it. Phentaslim is a product of Optimum Nutra Inc. DietPillsWatchdog.com is the only website which praises Phentislim.
Phentaslim website guarantees you following
- We get results! With over 100000 happy customers and counting
- Scientifically backed product made in Certified Facilities
- All natural ingredients that are free from antibiotics, artificial sweeteners, colors and preservatives
- 24/7 Support that will make you smile
- Award winning 60 day Guarantee
- NO AUTO-SHIP. You’ll only receive what you order, we don’t trick you with expensive ‘free-trials’ or hidden subscriptions.
But what’s the reality with Phentaslim?
People are tired of fraudulent free trial and auto shipment programs and scams online.
Phentaslim sellers are intelligently using it for their advantage. They highlight “no auto shipment or free trials and hidden subscriptions”. Along with this they also assure you a 60 day money back guarantee.
Looks very compelling, isn’t it? Why not give a try? If doesn’t work, I can always ask for a refund.
Aren’t you thinking so? They caught you here!
User feedback online tells you different.
Look at the following user reviews and then think over it.
I ordered two bottles of Phentaslim in February of 2018 and started using it after it was received and noticed. Was not seeing any of their claimed results, in fact, I gained about five extra pounds and the weight was just lingering. I figured I would give the product a full month and continued taking it until I finished one full bottle to give it a chance.
Phentaslim is a total waste of money. I have not lost an ounce and am very active and have been on a calorie controlled diet while taking them exactly as requested.
Their website states they have a 100% money back guarantee, but beware! These diet pills DO NOT work. Once you buy them, you own them because they will not refund your money as they advertise. Don’t waste your money. [source]
Phentaslim does not contain phentermine. Phentaslim has a long list of more than 15 ingredients. It is being marketed as a phentermine alternative just by naming it after phen.
Does Phentaslim really work?
Phentaslim official website shows you numerous before and after pictures of customers. They look so stunning and fit and impress you. You get easily connected there, you may think, “oh, this is what I was looking for”.
They advertise phentaslim as a slimming pill that aids weight loss in 6 ways!
- BURN FAT: Increase your metabolism to melt away excess fat and reveal a slimmer, sexier you.
- REDUCE CRAVINGS: Eliminate daytime and evening cravings which keeps you feeling fuller for longer.
- BURN CALORIES: Prevent additional weight gain and fat storage by burning excess calories.
- BOOST ENERGY: Avoid the energy slumps of dieting with an energy boost that powers you through the day.
- MENTAL CLARITY: No more mental fog! Improve mood and boost mental resolve to keep you motivated and ready to take action.
- BOOST HEALTH: Packed with vitamins, minerals and powerful antioxidants – boost immune and health.
In less than one minute a day, you can supercharge your life!
But isn’t it too good to be true?
Before coming into any conclusion let’s have a quick look at its big list of ingredients.
Phentaslim Ingredient Analysis
Phentaslim has quite a many ingredients. The sellers give you a long list of ingredients with their proportions in the formulation.
Green Tea (4:1) (375mg):
Green tea has catechins Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which give you many health benefits. It is known to improve overall health. Though it is widely said to suppress hunger and increase metabolic rate, there are no clinical evidences supporting these claims.
Caffeine Anhydrous (270mg):
It is a well known stimulant that is proven to boost energy and metabolic rate. This can aid slimming, but can cause some uncomforting side effects. When used for many days it becomes less effective as your body gets adjusted to it.
It is an amino acid found in green tea, which is useful in treating anxiety, high blood pressure and even cancer. It is a proven cognitive performance enhancer. [ref]
Acetyl L-Carnitine (200mg):
It is an important amino acid for brain and muscle functioning. It is said to aid slimming when combined with other ingredients. But it doesn’t aid fat metabolism as advertised in Phentaslim website.
This is also an amino acid. It is commonly used to improve learning, memory, and alertness, especially during stressful situations. It is not a slimming agent or appetite suppresser as claimed in official website.
Panax Ginseng (10:1) (1200mg):
Panax Gingseng is a traditional medicinal plant that grows in Korea, China and Asia. Panax means “Cure all” in Greek. That means it is a plant used to cure many medical conditions. It is mainly an immune booster and fatigue fighter. But it not scientifically proven to aid weight loss.
Guarana Seed (4:1) (400mg):
Gurana fruit is grown on a climbing plant of maple family. It is named after Guarani tribe in Amazon forests who use its seeds to brew a drink. Guarana contains caffeine. Caffeine is said to boost metabolism and aid weight loss. [ref]
It is an important mineral necessary for normal muscle functioning. Magnesium deficiency leads to lower energy level and early fatigue. Though magnesium supplementation may not directly lead to weight loss, it can help you do more exercises.
Cayenne Pepper (50mg):
Cayenne peppers are moderately hot bell peppers. They are widely used in cooking. They have capsaicin which is said to increase metabolic rate and burn more calories than normal. It is the hotness in these chilies that leads to increase in body heat and thus metabolism.
Additional Supportive Ingredients
Niacin (Nicotonic Acid) (20mg):
Niacin or Vitamin B3 is normally used for reducing cholesterol levels. Vitamin B3 can boost levels of good HDL cholesterol and lower triglycerides. Niacin also modestly lowers bad LDL cholesterol. ([ref])
Zinc (as Zinc Acetate) (15mg):
Obese people tend to have less circulating zinc in their body. Supplementing zinc can help them to burn more calories. A study on rats proves that zinc can be used to treat obesity. (ref)
Black Pepper extract (4:1) (24mg):
The official website of Phentaslim says that black pepper extract is used in the formulation for better absorption of its ingredients into our body. Black pepper has piperine which can cause the stomach to increase the flow of digestive juices. It is believed to help better absorption of supplements. [ref]
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCL) (1.8mg):
It plays an important role in metabolism. And if you have Vitamin B6 deficiency you may find it hard to lose weight.
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) (1.3mg):
Even this is one of the 8 Vitamin B complexes and is a must for proper functioning of our body including the skin, lining of the digestive tract, blood cells, and brain function. ([ref])
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) (1.3mg):
Vitamin B1 or thiamine enables our body to use carbohydrates as energy. But it may not help in weight loss. But contradictorily, Vitamin B1 deficiency is said to result in weak immune system and abnormal weight loss.
Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) (10mcg):
Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that helps keep the body’s nerve and blood cells healthy and helps make DNA, the genetic material in all cells. Vitamin B12 also helps prevent a type of anemia called megaloblastic anemia that makes people tired and weak.[ref]
What does this Phentaslim ingredient analysis say?
- Phentaslim has a long list of 16 ingredients. This product is similar to Phenocal we reviewed earier.
- The proportions of ingredients given above are per serving or recommended daily dosage.
- It has vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12. It is like a B complex supplement.
- L-Theanine, Acetyl L-Carnitine and L-Tyrosine are amino acids. These can enhance your cognitive performance and reduce anxiety. But these are not likely to aid weight loss as advertised on Phentaslim website.
- It has 2 minerals magnesium and zinc. Magnesium can reduce fatigue and make you feel more energetic. Supplementing zinc may improve your calorie burning rate only if you have zinc deficiency.
- Phentaslim has 670 mg of caffeine!. Two of its ingredients Caffeine Anhydrous (270mg) and Guarana Seed (400mg) have caffeine. If these are genuine ingredients, be ready to tolerate headaches, sleeplessness and jittery feelings.
- It has very small amount of cayenne extracts and black pepper extracts.
- Phentaslim’s main ingredient Panax Ginseng is a traditional medicine used as an immune booster. It is not proven to aid weight loss.
- It also has 375mg of green tea extracts which can offer you many health benefits.
Pros and Cons of Phentaslim
- Phentaslim looks like overall health enhancing supplement having minerals and vitamins.
- As highlighted in the official website, no fishy free trials and auto shipment programs.
- They give you a 60 day money back guarantee.
- No clinical trials are conducted on Phentaslim, a combination of 16 ingredients in a pill. None of the Phentaslim weight loss claims made in its official website are clinically proven.
- They give us an ingredient list in the official website. But they are not clear whether it is per serving (2 or 3 pills!) or per pill. Phentaslim ingredient label is not displayed on its website.
- Caffeine in the formulation can lead to side effects like insomnia, headaches and dizziness.
- It costs you $69 for a single month’s supply of 90 capsules. Doesn’t look worth the money considering its user feedback.
Side Effects & Critical Warning
- Too many ingredients in a slimming supplement might make it ineffective. Moreover chemical interactions between the ingredients are not studied.
- 670mg of caffeine per serving is too much for most, and certainly not for faint-heart.
- User feedback online warns you on its 60 day money back guarantee. They complain that they are not able to contact anybody for getting the refund.
Phentaslim capsules are filled with too many ingredients. It doesn’t look like an effective formulation as it lacks dominance of one or two active ingredients. It may work for obese people with vitamin and zinc deficiency.
But “is it worth?” is a big question. If you have vitamin deficiency you can always go for vitamin supplements along with a strong slimming supplement.
After looking at ingredients and user feedback online our list of Phentaslim cons over-weighs pros.